söndag 23 november 2008

Day trip to Alibaug - an other nice break from Bombay


I have less than a month left now here in India. It feels pretty weird. I still have this love-hate feelings towards Bombay almost every day.
..and every time I leave Bombay I get these happy feelings.

This past week has had its ups and downs, in many ways. One of the ups was yesterday, when I, Sebastian, and two cool girls from Switzerland - Katja and Julia, went on a day trip to Alibaug. They recently arrived to Bombay and are here for research through their university in Geneva, and the TATA institute of Social Sciences here. We took a small ferry from the Gateway of India, and traveled further south down the coast to Mandwa, and then bus to Alibaug.
It was a really nice break from Bombay. We took a horse cart over to the Kolaba Fort (has nothing to do with Colaba in Bombay)during low tide. The fort was pretty okay, but not that amusing compared to other things that I have visited here in India. As always there was an entrance fee, and as always foreigners had to pay a whole lot more. I don't really like that idea. I don't think it's respectful towards the people that are visiting their country.

Anyway, we all shared an auto rickshaw to a different beach after that. It was an interesting ride. Towards the end the driver made a sharp turn while he was speeding, and the rickshaw lifted a bit. We thought that it would almost turn over and we would crash... but we made it fortunately. The driver thought it was funny and laughed a little bit afterward. ...we did not tip him.

Katja and I decided to take a little swim. I'm not sure how safe and sanitary the water was, since Bombay wasn't too far away. But we did it anyway. I had such a craving for a swim in the ocean, and I didn't want to wait until Goa to do it.
The water was warm and nice, but not very deep. So I had to keep it simple. ..so "swim" would probably not be the correct word, but rather sitting down and bathe in the ocean.
I felt refreshed afterward ...and so far I haven't gotten any skin problems ... and my stomach seems to be doing okay. But who knows... maybe I have some type of worm colony being built somewhere in my body?



28 days...

Inga kommentarer: