måndag 18 augusti 2008

Probably the craziest day in my life.



I finally arrived to Bombay today...and it fast became very intense. All the impression has hit me like a sledgehammer. It has been so crazy. I didn't think that I would see so much so fast. I don't even know if I will be able to describe it all.
The crazy traffic ...I had the most interesting taxi ride in my entire life ...I had the most interesting bus ride in my entire life ... I had the most interesting train ride in my entire life

Sebastian and I are staying at YMCA in mid lower Bombay.... right next to a slum. We saw the worst missery and poverty that we ever have encountered ...by far. The things we saw can't be described easilly in just a few words.

When we walked through the slum... a McDonald's suddently popped up on the other side of a street of where that part of the slum ended. We were both very hungry and felt like it was a safe place to eat. We had a Chicken Maharaja Mac meal. Indias version of the Big Mac meal I guess. Something that is unique for India. It was an interesting experience where West merges with East.

I have to go now... I have not been able to cover this day by far... if I did, it would be closer to becoming a novell. But it sure has been a paradox and we have seen and experienced of both the lightness and darkness of this world.
I think that is has been so much that we haven't been able to digest it properly, and let it sink in really.

Anyway... we might go back to the slums, and see how life is there at night time. Bye for now.

4 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Nyfiken på att se lite bilder.

Anonym sa...

Jan, keep up the good job with this blog. And remember in India all precautions eating/drinking can not be enough. That's what people has told me, though. So never eat in the street, etc...
Take care my friend. Greetings from Scandinavia.

Carlos

- K - sa...

Sounds like things are starting out with a bang. Hang in there. Your brain will process things soon enough. Get some sleep and keep blogging. It just isn't fair to keep experiences like these to yourself.

Andrea, Mrs. sa...

Holy smokes! Maybe you should write the novel about your day.

And, how does a Chicken Maharaja Mac meal taste? Good?