måndag 11 augusti 2008

Why India?

The countdown continues... yesterday I finnished my last night at work before leaving for India. Within a week I will be walking down the streets of Bombay. It all feels weirder and weirder, and I get more and more nervous about the whole thing.

I wonder how I will be able to handle the hot weather ...and how long it would take for me to get used to it.

I wonder how sick, and how often I will be sick, while there. I mean, most people that are staying in India for a while do get sick ...sooner or later.

Anyway, why did I decide to go to India in the first place?

I wanted to do my Fall internship outside Sweden. That was something I had decided long time ago... and the urge to do so strengthened by time. I needed this breath of fresh air. I needed a break from the everyday routine at home. I needed to get away for a little while ...somewhere that wasn't just a vacation.

Well... India.... it was something about India that just felt right ... and I wanted to leave the comfort zone and the "good life" of Sweden and the Western world, where we take so much for granted, and see first hand how people really have it in other parts of the world ...and learn from what I will see and experience. I wanted grow as a person and learn new aspects of life. I wanted to see what I can do for some of the people there.

...but I have to admit that the adventure played some part in it too.

1 kommentar:

Andrea, Mrs. sa...

I have some friends in India too! They moved out there about a year ago? Maybe a year and a half. The husband works for John Deere. :-D