onsdag 17 september 2008

"Spank it! Spank it!"




Ok... time to went and whine. Especially since I wrote on Facebook that I had the crappiest weekend in a long time.

I guess I start with some good news first... that Sebastian is alive and well. My stomach is doing well too. "Well" as in a "Swedes being India" standards.

Anyway... my weekend, I have been stressed and not felt very good. In many aspects. ..and the only place where I really could be by myself was in a small humid room in the Malaria Guest House.
Went and saw "Righteous Kill", some Hollywood movie, in a movie theater here (Regal). That was a different experience. It started off at first with playing the Indian National Anthem, and everybody had to stand up. The Indians there sang along. I heard later that it was a Bombay thing. Then the movie started... and the sound quality turned out to be pretty bad, so it was hard to follow the dialogues at times. Then, less than an hour in to the movie, they stopped for a break! During the break they even showed some trailers for some other stuff. It totally ruined the mood, that already was low due to the bad sound quality. Sure, have breaks during the 3-hour Bollywood movies, but don't touch the Hollywood ones! Sooo utterly idiotic.

During one of these moments when I wanted to have some time on my own, and not being in my humid room, I decided for a walk along a river walk close by. It's usually not too crowded. But on the way there there were these dudes trying to sell these giant balloons (almost man sized). I run in to them on a regular basis, and they keep trying to sell me those... and saying "Spank it, spank it!" while they spank it themselves. I don't really care for spanking any giant balloons, the less buying one. What in the world should I do with it, if I have no interest in spanking it?
I have these fantasies where I have this really sharp stick and where I go around poking every d**n balloon I run into.

What's even more annoying. are those "point-to-your-ear-and-poke-it-with-a-stick" people. On that river walk there was an army of those idiots. "Hey sir..." and started to point at my ear and get close. I was in a bad mood and lost it. I reamed "Don't touch me!" or waved them away aggressively. Those fools kept coming. Sure, do it for someone that asked for it, but leave my ears alone! I'm thinking of getting a bamboo stick and.... (...)

It was the last day of the Ganesh festivities. This time they put various sizes of Ganesh statues in the water and let it sink... along with people saying "Mooria, mooria!" I watched it and took photos of it. Even this time I got that colourful powder thrown at me. this time though, the powder had some type of chemicals in it, so I got an allergic reaction to it. By night I had a rash all over. All night my arms, stomach, chest, legs, and feet were itching. I barelly got any sleep at all. ..and I have slept bad the night before too. By morning I was way tired. The itch moved around during the day and my head, hands, and fingers started to itch.

Well, we moved to our new place... Seva Niketan. It's in the Byculla area, further north. We were taken there by an idiot taxi driver, that smoked in the car and then ripped us off. We paid waaay too much for the ride, but we were both too tired to argue, plus our luggage was in the car already. Then he just carelessly took of out luggage and drove away.
Well, our new place is cleaner, cheaper, bigger and nicer.... sweet! And we can eat food cheaply at the canteen there. But of course... it would be too good to be perfect. ... we have no electric outlets, so no chill nights watching "Heroes" or some movie on my laptop... and the beds are rock hard, including the pillows. The worst I ever have encountered.
I did not sleep well the following night ether...

With all this, I want to say that I have left out some of the most personal details about my crappy weekend.

Well... at least the rash is gone, and my stomach is okay... for the moment.

3 kommentarer:

Ninny Beth sa...

thanks for writing about your experience...I'm heading to india in about a year to work and I need all the REAL info I can get.

U-NO-HOO sa...

ya know Janne...a friend of mine wrote a 'blog' kind of thing for her journey to India last year and yeah, I was like 'I'm NOT going to India'....let's just say it's nice to have a 'second witness' ;)

haha!

Hope you're stomach feels better...

sirJon sa...

Easy bro..