fredag 26 december 2008

My first few days of adjustments

So now I have been home for almost a week. There have been some adjustments. First of all, I didn't celebrate Christmas this year, for personal reasons. But I've had some good relaxing time. Well, I went back to work the day after working night. That was ok. Felt weird to be back.

I went to an ice hockey game... and that was really nice. It has been something that I had missed. My favourite team Frölunda Indians (ironic name, even though it's referring to the Native American Indians) beat one of the archrivals, Färjestad.

My stomach is getting re-adjusted to the Swedish food now. But it's all good. I have missed a lot of the food back home.
..and of course the cold Swedish weather. Even though summer is my favourite season, I do really love my share of cold weather too. So I don't mind the cold weather we have now... or the dark. But I'll get tired of it in a few months though.

After being in India I realised even more how much I need to do to help other people that are in need. I also realised how corrupt and dysfunctional some aspects of the Indian society is. Money that is donated for charity disappears sometimes. So how can one help? There are many great Non Government Organisations that do a great job, and where the money is used wisely, and reported so that people can know where the money goes.
I will donate money to one of these organisations, the one I worked at while in India - Family Services Centre. ..and I urge any volunteers to do the same. It is for a great cause. ..and I see it as very trust worthy. Go to the web site and the information needed will be there.

http://www.scmm09.org/main/genPage.php?page=33e75ff09dd601bbe69f351039152189


And yes, I will continue to write on this blog a little while longer. There are still things that are needed to be said. :)

Inga kommentarer: